Unfortunately we are now closed until 3rd December 2020.
Why Our Pub is Great
A great location at the gateway to the Mendip Hills makes The Stag & Hounds a favourite with walkers, families on holiday, and locals. We’re just 14 miles from Bristol, 12 miles from Weston-super-Mare, and five miles from Bristol Airport. So whether you’re visiting from the city or flying in from somewhere else, we’re conveniently situated.
Our two-for-one meals are the stuff of local legend: proper portions of proper pub food served alongside adventurous world dishes and chef’s versions of British favourites. The cheaper of every two meals is free, all day, every day. And that means you can treat yourself and the whole family whenever you want!
Talking of families, we’re great for the little ones. Our children’s menu is full of favourite treats. The smallest family members have a choice of miniature meals from the pub menu. Into your sports? Our big-screen TV is just the ticket. Or, if trivia is more your thing, pop down for our regular pub quiz night. We also hold charity events, so there’s always something going on!
Sit down, relax, and enjoy table service and a fantastic atmosphere in this lovely village pub.
Our Pub Facilities
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
With our extensive food menu, we can cater for all tastes. Try our succulent beef steaks, our beautiful burgers, or one of our many traditional pub classics or our Mega Meals - including our 30oz mega mixed grill! There’s a great choice of specials each day, featuring a world of wholesome, exciting meals for you, and don’t forget those luscious roasts designed to make every Sunday special. Great food – made all the more enjoyable thanks to Two for One.View our Menus